Blue Escape Coastal Beach Quilt

Did you know, coastal areas account for less than 10% of the total land in the contiguous United States? (NOAA, January 2024.) But almost 40% of the US population lives in those coastal areas! (NOAA, January 2024.) I am one of those lucky 40% that lives in a coastal area, Tampa, Florida to be exact. Because of that, I get to experience and enjoy the beach life everyday. But what about the remaining 60%? How will they get to experience and enjoy the beach life? By checking out Lisa Audit’s new Blue Escape Coastal fabric collection of course!

Using a menagerie of watercolor imagery, Lisa’s collection brings the beach life to the forefront with soft aquatic lines. Working with a palette of sand, taupe, sky blue and colonial blue, you can just imagine your toes in the sand and warm salty air blowing through your hair.

With 18 fabric prints to select from, this collection provides plenty of opportunity to dream up the perfect home decor, apparel projects or coastal quilt. And if you’re looking to make a quilt with this collection, I have the perfect pattern for you! And the best part? It’s free!

By using larger 6.5″ x 6.5″ blocks in this pattern, it allows the beautiful prints to really shine! The seashells in the fabric almost blend right in with the seashells at the beach! For this project, I selected seven prints from the Blue Escape Coastal collection, plus three additional fabrics. By using the time saving method of strip piecing, this quilt comes together in no time!

I recommend grabbing a fat quarter bundle of this collection so you can pick which of the 18 prints to use. Or, just use them all! The next most important items are the quilting pattern and the thread for said quilting pattern. I found the adorable Sea Creatures pantograph from Urban Elementz to be the absolute perfect pattern for this collection! And for the quilting thread, I used Sky Blue 2144 from Superior Threads Sea Glass Magnifico Spool Set.

This quilt was the perfect addition to our trip to the beach recently. And while I hated to set it on the sand, my Dazy girl LOVED it!

To assist with putting this super easy quilt together, I did a lovely video tutorial for you. And you know I always make my tutorials free! So make sure to check it out below!

And for those 60% of you that don’t live in a coastal area, you can always take your brand new quilt and lounge out by the pool! Enjoy!

By: Carol Segovia from Segovia Quilts

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *